Monday, August 16, 2010

22K To TN07 BF 0883

Have you seen the video “The Secret”?

If your answer is “Yes”, then have you ever tried few things mentioned in the video?

Again, if your answer is “Yes”, then could you say how many things happened in real?

Well… Well… Well… Let me begin my experience. Before this, I would like to mention “The Thing” I saw and I followed from the video. This thing is shortly called “Faith”.

“This universe is just like a genie from the Alladdin’s lamp. If you wish for anything and let out positive vibes you’ll certainly get it. One illustration in the video was about an author who wished to make a huge profit by selling his books. At first he didn’t have any idea of how to achieve it. So what he did was, he took a dollar and wrote the figure(amount he wished to earn) on it. Everyday when he woke up he used to take a look at it first. A few days later, he happened to meet a person just after his presentation. While leaving she gave her card to him. When looked at the card he found that she was in a respectable designation in a famous Publishing Company. As you may guess, he got the way to publish his books and earn a profit. However, his profit was a few thousands left behind his target. Yet it was considered to be a huge profit. This is ‘The Thing’ I was mentioning about.”

Another illustration in the video was about a small boy who wished for a bike. He drew the pictures of the bike and had it. He also used to believe that he actually owned it. Few days later, he received it as a surprise gift. This impacted me a lot.

Now back to my story. I had no idea about bikes. Yet I desired to own one. All my friends bought their own bikes which kindled my desire again. To desire for one I should first deserve it at first. I hadn’t took my license. Somehow, I got my license last August. But still I was not fully ready to own a bike. Because, I didn’t choose one. So, I browsed on the net for bikes. I looked into all kinds of bikes, and arrived at Bajaj all time famous Pulsar model. In even had Honda Twister in mind which was a new arrival. But, I placed my card on the Pulsar. Bajaj Pulsar 180CC was cool man. I took the picture from the Bajaj Website and placed it as my desktop wallpaper.

Forgot to say. This is a blue colour Pulsar. I liked the black and blue one rather than a completely black one. It was in the month of November when one of my friend’s friend (Now he is a good friend of mine.) had a black Bajaj Pulsar 150CC. So, for the first time I tried to ride that bike. It was heavy first. Then it was bigger. I couldn’t even push it. Somehow, managed to ride it crookedly. I should have met with a collision that day, if it had been a bad day. He told me not to try again playing with his life or with his bike. This incident happened to decrease my confidence.

I was in a dilemma whether I would manage to own the bike or not. Some amount of faith was left over somewhere in the corner of my mind. I stopped not to continue thinking about the bike. By then December had come and also mail from Cognizant had come calling to join the organization on December 28th , 2009. Many know this Rajini’s Punch “Naan eppo varuven eppudi varuven yaarukkum theriyaadu aana vara vendiya nerathula correct ah vanduruven.” It was like that for me when I saw that mail. Slowly, I could sense that my desire is not so far. Yet, I am not completely ready.

I should train myself riding the bike. So, I convinced my friend’s friend to train me. I didn’t leave him for the next one month. I was able to drive well as a single rider. I was finding it difficult to ride when having a companion. By then, I had exposed my desire of owning a bike to my parents and tried to convince them. It wasn’t that hard for me to convince them. But my dad criticized me and suggested to buy Splendor which would give a better mileage. Just tell me, if you were given choices between the two bikes what would you decide?

For the first time in my life, I stood on my side with a lot of confidence. I told him that I could manage the bike well. They weren’t fully convinced. I have to earn their confidence first. So, I used to ride my friend’s bike to my home and sometimes from my home while they witnessed it. This made them believe that I could really manage. Well… On my part, what’s wrong in getting used to the thing rather than avoiding it?


So, the arrangements were done and I along with my mom went to the showroom on the last Sunday of January 2010 and booked a bike “Blue Color Bajaj Pulsar 150CC”. We planned to take the bike in installment. So, I asked them about the loan details. They told me to bring a three month bank statement and appointment letter. I thought the whole plan would drop at any stage because I joined just a month back. Later, we had a talk with the manager of the showroom and he agreed. Also, he said that the Blue bike was out of stock and a new stock is on its way to Chennai. Red and Black were readily available then. I preferred to wait for Blue one.

Two weeks later, (by then first month salary was credited. It was 20K +2K. 2K for four days of the Previous month it seems.) the bike had come to the showroom. I went and paid the entire amount and signed a lot of papers. I hated to sign them and thought I should have bought the bike with the net amount. There were a lot of papers indeed.

There arose another problem, as who would ride the bike from showroom to home. My dad never wanted me to do this. He told me that his friends would bring the bike from showroom to home. I said “NO WAY. NOTHING DOING. It’s my bike, and I should be the one who should ride it first. I don’t care if I happened to fall down or to meet with an accident while riding for the first time. All I can do is I promise to ride it at a controllable speed and wear helmet.”

Somehow, he agreed half mindedly. I was to take the bike on Monday morning. So before coming to office I went to the showroom along with my friend in his bike. I waited for five minutes before looking the bike. Those five minutes were like five centuries to me. Then, we went to parking to find my bike there. One fellow was there cleaning it and to give instructions for us. I never took his single word into my head except for one. He said that there is only one litre of Petrol in the tank and told me to refill it on the way.

I took off the stand and sat on the bike. “Wow. What a feeling?” My desire has come true at last. I started the bike changed the gear and moved. Everything was so smooth. I loved it a lot. My dad told me to go to some temple nearby for a sentiment. I started to Office only. For me “WORK IS WORSHIP”. What do you say? :-)

My friend came along with me on his bike. We hardly covered half a kilometer when my bike got stuck and stopped. Just imagine how it would be to you, when you buy a bike take it from showroom and on just few meters away from showroom the bike stops.

We shook the bike to check for the fuel and hardly heard any sounds as there was heavy morning traffic on the OMR. We concluded that there isn’t enough fuel and he went and brought some Petrol in a water bottle. We emptied the bottled in the fuel tank and started the bike. Thank God. It started and I went to office safely. I was told not to cross above 40KMPH for first one month. It was really hard for me to drive this bike at 40KMPH. I drove at constant 60KMPH right from the first day. My first ride on bike was very thrilling despite the hot sun. And for one month I never allowed any one to touch my bike, and I didn’t fall off from it. Later had couple of falls, and nothing so serious except for scratches on my legs and my bike’s headlight. ;-)

Temple sentiments were done on the same day evening. I took my mom to temple on my bike. She was the first person to get on my bike other than me. She and dad both never used to sit properly on bike. They fear because it is tall for them.;-)

And that’s my bike’s registration number in the title. I started this by saying something from “The Secret” video. I’m not saying that I followed it and it has happened. I wanted to say that I tried it and nothing went wrong.

Finally, for those who may say, “You could have bought it with ready cash.” My reply is, “Even today I can see my first salary and I’ll see it for the days to come.”

Thanks for reading.

2 comments: